Tuesday 29 December 2009



SAYING GOOD-BYE TO HIGH SCHOOL
Coming to an end of a journey of four years at high school, I was a bit upset. I could remember the first day there with every details. And then all these withered away very quickly, however, I knew I would always cherish the beautiful memories in my heart. Anyway here was the big day of my graduation, a sad end which also means a hopeful and bright beginning for university. (at least, we all wished it to be so ) I got up late that morning with no hurry and point of excitement. I had planned to go to a coiffeur before, but I didn’t have any urge to go make my hair exaggeratedly elegant and wear too much make-up then. I thought I could do something pretty by myself. Being not hasty, I took a shower and dressed in my black skirt and white shirt, these two were decided by the school, so we didn’t have a chance to choose what to wear, which was completely an absurdity. Then I dried my hair, but unfortunately it seemed very stubborn to have any piece of grace, it was just fuzzy and untidy. Deciding to have it done at school, I left home. Some of girls had already arrived, in the garden were beautiful girls who had dolled themselves up in gaudy clothes, surprisingly they could make white and black extraordinary, with high-heel shoes, which I strongly refuse to wear, instead, I preferred my black sports. I thought it would be a difficult night. It began with a disappointment caused by my hair. Neither me nor my friends managed to do it, although the ceremony was about to start. Finally I backed down and let them go down on my shoulders to my back, which gave me a natural look that seemed a bit weird in all these shinny girls. Anyway … After a while, when the music was played, we, students, were ready in two lines to walk gracefully to our sits. We passed through the multitude of our parents. That time was the one I became excited and it downed on me that I had my last chance to enjoy this atmosphere with all my friends by my side and my family looking at me with great pride in their eyes. After our walk, we sit down and listened quietly to some teachers and other students, telling about the importance of the moment we had. I could feel the eyes on us, as we sit just in the middle of the garden. When the speeches, which seemed to continue forever, were done, we threw our caps up in the air. So we came to the end of the formal ceremony. Then started our real fun. We changed our black and white clothes and worn as we wanted. This time I was in a white dress which was not very chic but was charming , with my pretty white moccasins. The rest of the night was quite enjoyable, pleasant and funny. We danced as much as we could, laughing and talking freely. We took some photos and recorded a video during the night. However, all I got from them is a disappointment. (I always hate posing….lol…) Anyway… Luckily, I have my own good shots in my mind, which will be kept fresh and safe as long as I live. And which will bring a big smile on my face whenever I remember them… :) :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Another strong post, Elif. There are very few things I can correct, but I'll make a note of the few mistakes anyway! :-) Concerning the use of linking words, 'however' is used to contrast two separate sentences, not join them together. After 'completely' we use an adjective so you should have said it was 'completely absurd.'

    What else can I say? Excellent! :-)

    ReplyDelete